RealEyes Media seeks a hardworking, motivated, driven individual passionate about intelligent infrastructure: automation, configuration management, and DevOps-centric methodology. Through rapid-paced iterative delivery schedules, the DevOps Engineer is expected to work with the team to provide infrastructure in accordance to user requirements and performance and scalability requirements for the end solution. Candidates should have excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organizational abilities. Candidates must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment. Flexibility and adaptability is a necessity. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer experienced in building high performance, repeatable, and scalable infrastructure solutions to join our team.
- Managing build systems to ensure software delivery from developers to clients
- Working with a development and consulting team committed to providing the most efficient, relevant, and reliable systems and infrastructure for our large and diverse client base.
- Providing infrastructure that is reliable, highly available, affordable and scalable to support the development, testing, maintenance and release of software applications and media streaming solutions.
- Working with media systems specialists and development team members to create solutions for end client requirements and needs.
- Writing installation scripts or programs to promote software from development environments through test environments and into production environments, ensuring that each environment is correct and consistent.
- Provide system support for the internal development teams and end clients.
- Diagnose and fix deployment and infrastructure issues.
- Fast, flexible learning
- Excellent team communication and mentorship
- Effective writing skills for documentation
- Proactive ownership of tasks from project leads
- Build system experience (e.g. Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, Travis CI)
- Containerization knowledge and experience (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher)
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g. JIRA, Remedy, ServiceNow)
- Git experience with team repositories (e.g. Bitbucket, Github, Gitlab)
- Experience working on small teams with tight deadlines and high impact
- Linux Server Administration experience
- Cloud Infrastructure Experience (e.g. Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure )
- Knowledge of networking technologies and concepts (OSI Model, DNS, Wi-Fi)
- Running large-scale, distributed web applications
- Experience with monitoring, management, and performance analysis tools (e.g. Nagios, ElasticSearch, Prometheus)
- Cloud Networking (e.g. Load Balancing, Ingress configuration)
- Cloud Security (IAM configs, ACL configs)
- Proficient use of one or more server scripting languages (e.g. bash, powershell, python )
- CDN Technologies experience (e.g. CloudFlare, Akamai, CloudFront )
- Experience with caching server technologies (e.g. - Varnish, Nginx )
- Windows Server Administration
- Experience with media streaming (e.g. AMS, Wowza, RTMP, HDS, HLS )
- Experience running mission-critical Linux and/or Windows servers in virtualized environments (e.g. VMWare, OpenShift )
- Experience with bare metal server hardware, including storage systems
- Load testing experience (e.g. JMeter, Loader.io )
If you are interested and qualified, please contact us.
RealEyes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please, no out of state/country applicants or third parties - yes, that means you recruiters! Local candidates preferred. Unable to sponsor visas. Candidates authorized to work without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.