RealEyes Media seeks a whip-smart, organized, talented, detailed, even-keeled, and über-dedicated native Android mobile application developer to join our team. Candidates must be proactive and naturally at home in an organic, team-centered environment.
We are a fun, thriving, internationally-recognized streaming media development firm specializing in interactive application development using emerging technologies. Our work ranges from powerful administrative interfaces to major sports/entertainment & enterprise applications that support millions of users. Our clients include NBC Sports, Oracle, EA Games, Viacom, IBM, and many others. Our applications focus on video-centric experiences, so if you like streaming video this is a good place for you.
Developer candidates MUST have:
- Ability to work onsite, full time at RealEyes Media in Denver, CO
- Solid knowledge of OOP principles and code architecture.
- Solid knowledge of Java and Kotlin.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Agile development processes.
- Ability to generate requirements, estimates, and plans for projects.
- Ability to work with teams or as an individual.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills to resolve highly complex software design issues and create new software for one or more products.
- Capable of dealing effectively with change.
- 2+ years experience working as a developer on a team.
- Must be able to pass a state & federal background check.
The following are a bonus:
- Real-world experience with both iOS development and Android development
- Familiar with Google Chromecast library
- Experience with in-app purchasing logic and requirements
- Working knowledge of video players (e.g. ExoPlayer, MediaFoundation)
- Knowledge of video streaming protocols (HLS, DASH, etc)
- Knowledge of streaming servers (AMS, Wowza, etc)
- Knowledge of media tools (FFMPEG, Bento4, etc)
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager 6.x development
- Experience with Server-side Java and creating APIs
- Experience with Java frameworks (e.g. OSGi, Spring, Grails)
- Experience with Angular JS & full-stack development
- Experience with Node.JS
- Knowledge of application submission & distribution through the store
- Code native mobile and set-top device applications
- Work in a variety of development frameworks
- Work with data models sourced from JSON, XML, and DB queries
- Work in a DevOps and Agile software development environment with CI and CD.
- Analyze, review and modify web systems by designing, maintaining, documenting, testing, developing and monitoring
- Required 2 years +
- Android Development
- Required 6 months +
- Reactive/Functional Programming
- Highly Preferred
- Streaming Media Development (eg - HLS, Exoplayer)
- Android/Fire TV Development
- SDK Development
- The position is onsite, full time in Denver, CO.
- We highly prefer someone in Denver or surrounding area (eg - Boulder).
- Alternately, we will consider someone who is not in Denver and surrounding but for that to happen their skills must 100% match what we’re looking for.
If you are interested and qualified, please contact us.
RealEyes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please, no out of state/country applicants or third parties - yes, that means you recruiters! Local candidates preferred. Unable to sponsor visas. Candidates authorized to work without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.